December 17, 2011

The Memoirs of My First Job


                                            First Job. Special for everyone,no? You're just out of the college with the glorious dreams of embarking your firm footsteps in the corporate world,testing your ideology, wanting to bring a difference in this monotonous world. But illusions are great until they stay. Usually the starting months of an average First Job contains Training Lectures ,which give you one more (and last..perhaps) opportunity to do all those things which you were already doing during your 4 years of Engineering, Gulping Seniors advice what NOT to do (We always know what TO DO,right? ) , Enjoying occasional visits to the other departments which find you as bizarre as a Jadoo of KMG and waiting for the most happiest Time of the day : Tea-break. ( Disclaimer : My condolences are with those people who worked day and night,with all the power and hope,on their first Job. Amen )



                                          But then ( usually after 4- 6 months ) Time changes. Out of nowhere You are struck with an enlightenment why you are there for. And when with all the positive attitude you begin working seriously, the demons of Corporate world emerge : Politics, Useless changes in your schedule, Projects whose existence was still a mystery for you... and Resignations. And as a normal mortal , You find yourself in the eternal dilemma. The starting phase contains Resistance . Then comes the phase of Adjustment . And finally comes the phase of Reassurance (You know what I mean ;) ) .

                                      So Here I was with my Last Day on First Job at ###### Company (So much for Honesty,no? :P ) . Feeling bit weird, nervous even though everything was planned. Even though i was knowing how exactly its coming to an end . 1 Year , 5 Months , 12 Days. Long Enough to gather cheerful memories. I reached. Giving pale smiles to everyone. Receiving cheerful smiles from everyone. Even from those who were not knowing me till today. I suppose this is how all the dreams come to an end. So here I was with my farewell speech. I knew I have to control myself. But then human emotions caught me on the last words "I'll miss you all " . And on the verge of breaking down,I brought up fake smile ,successfully killing real tears. My Seniors wished me bright future and told how they all will miss me ( Hell yeah,they gonna miss me. So much for modesty,no? :P )

                                   And I looked back at those One and Half Year. I was changed. This little time span was the foundation of my upcoming years. My eyes went blurry. Damn. I knew I was doing right. This is Time. This is it. Grow up. Emotions are always your weakness,Brother. There must be something Good waiting for you outside (Which I had known even , ###### Company , I told you I am Honest :P ).

                                   And I took a lazy stroll for the final time to all the departments. To Bid Final farewell to all. To Even those whom I barely knew. And I found myself overwhelmed with all those hearty wishes. And I realize even though we all continuously live in the cloud of negativity , There will always be the Rays of Positiveness. To make you rise once again. To Make you believe in the fact "Life Is Beautiful" once again.

                                  A New Horizon is waiting for Me. On the stranger Tides Now.


7 comments:

Apoyando said...

Good one. So much for honesty: the best virtue of life and in the end your facebook profile apparently ruins it all :P

Megh Shah said...

@Apoyando Hahaha !! True that !! Except one knew how to set privacy settings properly :P

Sameera said...

All the best for the new job. The first one.. yes, that is a fine memory. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww... that was cute! leaving from anywhere after getting attached really brings in tears! But also a new hope to lead a better future. :) Nice post..

Megh Shah said...

@Sameera Thank you !! :D

@Shubhra It indeed makes us think once again what we are !! Thank you so much !!

hardtodecode said...

This article is the best of all... It's my 1st Job and I'm really going through all the pains u mentioned... But, yeah u indeed get attached to all of them.. n it's very difficult to say good bye... At the end it feels "y am I even leaving".. but life has to move on... hats off... well written..

hardtodecode said...

guess who???

Post a Comment